Make an adorable Back To School Door Hanger with this easy to follow DIY tutorial. This would be the perfect back to school gift!
Summer is starting to wind down and kids will be going back to school before you know it. That’s why I thought it would be fun to create a Back To School Door Hanger with y’all today! This would be a fun gift to make for your child’s teacher or a neat DIY for those who want to add something cute to their classroom door. Follow along below to make your own!!
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**
Supplies you’ll need to create this adorable door hanger:
**Click on the name of the product for more information!!!**
- Honky Tonk Red Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Tree Frog Green Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Chocolate Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Cotton Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Caviar Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Rustic Red Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Large Paisley Stencil by Dixie Belle
- Apple Unfinished Cut-Out – Use promo code RUSTIC30 to get 30% OFF your entire purchase from Build-a-Cross!!
- Round Shape Cut-Out – We made our own cut-out for this part, but you may be able to find something similar from Build-a-Cross. Use promo code RUSTIC30 to get 30% OFF your entire purchase from Build-a-Cross!!
- Acrylic Paint Brush Set
- Mister Spray Bottle
- Painter’s Tape
- Paint Marker
- Makeup Sponges
- Double Sided Tape
Back To School Door Hanger Tutorial:
- Start by painting the wooden apple cut-out using the color Chocolate for the stem, Tree Farm Green for the leaf and the Honky Tonk Red for the body of the apple. Let dry.
- Next, tape off the stripe pattern on the wreath base using your painter’s tape. Then use the color Caviar to create the stripes and let dry.
- Once your apple shape is dry, you will add the paisley pattern to the body of the apple using the Paisley Stencil. To do this, place your stencil on the apple cut-out and begin pouncing the color Rustic Red over the stencil until you get the coverage you’d like. Let dry.
- Next, use a black paint marker to add some details around the edges of your project.
- Finally, use the color Cotton to hand letter the words “Back To School” onto the apple. Once everything is dry, use double-sided tape to attach the apple cut-out to your wreath base and add a bow!! PRO TIP: Attaching the apple with double-sided tape will allow you the ability to change out the centerpiece according to the season!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like: