Create your very own DIY Easter home decor with this Bunny Door Hanger tutorial! This is a fun and affordable project that your guests will adore!
Who’s ready to get their home all dressed up for Spring with an adorable Bunny Door Hanger craft? If you’re raising your hand right now, you are going to be so excited about this DIY project. It’s fast, easy and very affordable. Plus – you can totally customize it to match your favorite colors or decor style. Let’s take a look at how to make it!
(**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**)
Bunny Door Hanger Supplies:
- Wooden Bunny Cursive Monogram Cut-Out from Build-a-Cross (22″x1/4″) ~ SAVE 30% on your order from Build-a-Cross when you use my special code RUSTIC30 at checkout!!!
- Fluff from Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Daisy from Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Dixie Belle Mini Brush
- Artist Brush Set
- Spray Bottle
- Ribbon for the bow
Bunny Door Hanger Tutorial:
- To begin your project, base coat the entire wooden cut-out with the color Fluff from Dixie Belle Chalk Paint and let dry. You will want to use a larger brush for the bunny’s head and ears and then a smaller brush for the more detailed areas. Also be sure to add paint to all of sides of your cut-out.
- Next, paint the bunny’s head, ears and the circle around the monogram with the color Daisy from Dixie Belle. Let that dry.
- Once the front of your project is dry, be sure to finish off the back. You can do this by painting the back white OR by sanding off any white paint that is on the back of the piece. This will make your finished project look way more professional!
- To finish your bunny off, you’ll want to add a bow! In the video below, I show you exactly how to make a layered two-loop bow. It’s super easy and a skill you can use for lots of your upcoming craft projects!
Watch Tammy create a Bunny Door Hanger here ~
Be sure to join me on Facebook for all of my LIVE crafting tutorials!! If you loved this Easter DIY project, go check out this Spring Easter Bunny Craft!! It’s super cute!