Create an adorable hand painted Christmas Stocking using this video tutorial. The buffalo plaid pattern and festive red sock make this Christmas Stocking perfect for the holidays!
Hey y’all!! Who else has jumped on the buffalo plaid bandwagon?? It seems like this classic pattern is everywhere this season and I just can’t help but use it on everything I craft. Today, let’s use a wooden Christmas Stocking Cut-Out from my friends at Build-A-Cross to create a cute door hanger using Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint!!
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**
Hand Painted Christmas Stocking Craft Supplies List:
- Wooden Stocking Cut-Out in the size 18″ x 1/4″ ~ Use the Promo Code RUSTIC30 to get 30% off all of your wooden cut-outs from Build-A-Cross!!!
- Cotton Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint
- Caviar Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint
- Honky Tonk Red Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint
- Painter’s Tape
- Art Brush Set
- Spray Bottle
Here’s how you can create a hand painted Christmas Stocking just like mine!
- First, base coat your wooden cut-out with the Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint in the color Cotton. Let dry.
- Next, tape off the top and the heal portions of your stocking using painter’s tape.
- Now, use the color Caviar to create your buffalo plaid pattern. Simply water down a bit of your paint in the color Caviar to create an opaque gray color. Then, use the gray color you created to make your buffalo plaid pattern using a 3/4 artist brush.
- Next, remove your painter’s tape and fill in the middle part of your stocking with the Honky Tonk Red.
- Finally, use your Caviar (not watered down) to darken the areas on your buffalo check pattern where the pattern crosses on top of each other.
Watch the full Christmas Stocking Video Tutorial now!
You may also like………