Create a decorative serving tray in minutes with this DIY tutorial. All you’ll need are a few supplies from Chalk Couture and a set of handles!
Quick and easy DIY projects are the best and this Decorative Serving Tray is just that! I only used a few supplies from Chalk Couture to make an adorable serving tray that you can use in any room. Let me show you how to make one for your home too!
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**
Supplies you’ll need for this super easy Chalk Couture project!
- Reclaimed Drawer Front
- Baked Fresh Transfer
- Black Velvet Chalkology Paste – Feel free to use whatever color you’d like!
- Small Squeegee
- Fuzzing Cloth
- Fine Mist Sprayer Bottle
- Board Eraser
- Black Handles – Use whatever handles best match your current home decor style!
- Dewalt Drill
Decorative Tray Tutorial:
- To begin, place your Baked Fresh Transfer on the surface making sure it’s centered. Remember – if you are using a brand new transfer, you will need to fuzz it first. Do this by pressing it onto the fuzzing cloth and removing it. Repeat the process a few times to ensure that your transfer won’t be too sticky for your surface.
- Next, apply a layer of the Black Velvet Chalkology Paste all over the transfer. Put on an even coat and be sure to remove any excess paste. All of your excess can be added back to your jar and used for other projects.
- Now, you can remove your transfer. If your tray will be used for more than decor purposes, be sure to seal it with a spray sealer of your choice.
- To finish off your tray, simply add your handles to either end using a drill.