Watch as I create a beautiful handmade sign using the Chalk Couture Merry Christmas transfer! This is the perfect DIY home decor project for the holidays!
Hey y’all!! Today I want to show you how easy it is to make DIY Christmas decor using Chalk Couture. Chalk Couture has so many adorable Christmas transfers and the projects some together so easy. It really is the perfect product for fast, affordable and simple Christmas home decor projects.
This will be a two-sided sign. So, you can do both signs with Christmas themed transfers or you could do one side for Christmas and the other for another holiday or occasion – it’s totally your choice. The supplies list below and instructions will outline the sign I made in the video tutorial, but feel free to be creative and make a sign that best fits your home decor needs. Let’s get started with the supplies you’ll need!
Supplies You Need To Create DIY Christmas Decor Using Chalk Couture:
- Box Frame (6.5×18.5) Surface
- Chalk Couture Christmas Cheer Transfer
- Chalk Couture Believe Transfer
- Black Chalkology Paste
- Candy Apple Chalkology Paste
- Green Envy Chalkology Paste
- Bright White Chalkology Paste
- Small Squeegee
How To Create DIY Christmas Decor Using Chalk Couture – Side One:
- For side one, you will take your Believe transfer and cut out the portion with the Santa Claus and single reindeer. If your transfer is new, you will need to “fuzz” the transfer by applying it to a piece of fabric and then removing it before you place it on your Box Frame surface. This just ensures that your transfer will not get stuck to the Box Frame surface while you are chalking it.
- Now it’s time to place the Believe transfer on your Box Frame surface. I put mine toward one end of the Box Frame so there is room to place the other elements of the sign. Then I simply applied my Black Chalkology paste using my small squeegee to the silk screen portion of the transfer and wiped back the excess.
- Once you have wiped back the excess paste, carefully remove your transfer and let that portion dry.
- Next, you will place your second reindeer transfer so that it lines up with the portion that was just chalked. You will then use the same process as above to add that portion to your Box Frame surface.
- The final step for side one is to apply the “Is coming to town” portion of the transfer to your Box Frame surface. I placed this across the bottom portion of my surface, also using the Black Chalkology Paste.
How To Create DIY Christmas Decor Using Chalk Couture – Side Two:
- For side two, I used the Christmas Cheer Transfer and my Chalkology Paste in White, Candy Apple and Green Envy.
- Start by cutting and fuzzing your transfer if it is new. Then, place the Christmas Cheer transfer in the center of the surface.
- I used Green Envy Chalkology Paste for the sprigs, Candy Apply for the berries and the word “little” and Bright White for the words “Have Yourself a Merry Christmas”. Apply each paste one at a time and wipe back any excess. I also added a bit of the Bright White Chalkology Paste over the sprigs to create snow! Be sure to work quickly so that your paste doesn’t dry before you can remove your transfer.
- Finally, remove the transfer to reveal your final project!
For a more detailed look at this DIY Christmas Decor Using Chalk Couture, watch the LIVE tutorial below!
Be sure to follow Rustic Orchard Home on Facebook & Instagram to keep up with all things creative DIY home decor for all occasions!!
You may also enjoy: