Make your own DIY Photo Block! This tutorial will show you how to easily transform a wood block into a picture frame in just a few simple steps.
This super simple DIY Photo Block makes an adorable home accent piece or handmade gift. Watch below as I create one using a few simple craft supplies you most likely already have on hand. Let’s get started!
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**
DIY Photo Block Supplies List:
- Wooden Block – I used a piece of decorative trim from Lowe’s that measured 8 x 4.5 inches.
- Daisy from Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Drop Cloth from Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Quadrafoil Stencil from Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Makeup Sponges
- Cordless Glue Gun
- Mini Craft Clothespins
- Burlap Flower Embellishments
- E6000 Craft Adhesive
- Blue Masking Tape
- Spray Bottle
- Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer
DIY Photo Block Tutorial:
- To begin, apply a basecoat of the color Daisy from Dixie Belle Chalk Paint. to your wooden block. Let that dry before moving on.
- Next, place your stencil on the painted wooden block and secure it with a piece of masking tape. Use a makeup sponge and the color Drop Cloth to fill in your stencil. PRO TIP – Use a pouncing motion to apply the paint to your stencil. Let that dry.
- At this point I decided to paint the top routered portion of the wooden block white. You don’t have to include this step! Feel free to change it up and create something unique to you.
- Before moving on, be sure that all of your paint is dry and apply a coat of the Modge Podge Acrylic Sealer.
- Finally, attach a clothespins using the E6000 and hot glue. If you’d like, you can embellish the clothespin with a flower, bow or other cute accent!!
Watch as I transform a wood block into an adorable picture frame below!
Want more fun and easy DIY home decor ideas?? Find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!