This DIY Valentine’s Day Door Hanger Craft is the perfect home decor accent for your home! Grab your supplies and follow along for all the details!
Hey y’all! The holidays are quickly passing us by so quickly. Soon we will de-clutter our homes and shift focus to riding out the winter with a simpler mindset. Today, I’d like to show you how to make a simple DIY Valentine’s Day Door Hanger using some of my favorite crafting supplies. Let’s go over the list of supplies and make something fun together!
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**
DIY Valentine’s Day Door Hanger Craft Supplies List:
- Cotton or Buttercream Dixie Belle Chalk Paint (for the white)
- Caviar Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Honky Tonk Red or Tea Rose Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Heart Unfinished Cutout Save 30% on your next purchase from Build-A-Cross with my special Promo Code RUSTIC30
- Makeup Sponges
- Painter’s Tape
- Acrylic Art Brush Set
DIY Valentine’s Day Door Hanger Craft Tutorial:
- To start, you will want to base coat your wooden heart using Dixie Belle Chalk Paint in the color Cotton or Buttercream. Cotton is a true white, while Buttercream is creamier in color. Let this base coat dry for 24 hours if you can. Now you are ready to start the fun part of the project!
- First, you will need to place your center heart and then add the black and white stripes. Do this by using your painter’s tape to create the stripes and secure the center heart shape. The center heart is simply a placeholder for where we will put the “xoxo” later. Now you can paint your black stripes using your Dixie Belle Chalk Paint in the color Caviar. Be sure to pounce the paint while working around the middle heart. In order to get full coverage you will most likely need two coats of the black paint. Once both coats of black are finished, remove the painter’s tape and center heart.
- Next, you will be painting the center heart with Dixie Belle Chalk Paint in the color Honky Tonk Red. You could also use a color called Tea Rose if you’d like your heart pink. Let your first coat dry and apply a second. Once that’s all dry, you can move on.
- Now, you are going to trace out the “xoxo” lettering with chalk so you have a guide for your paint. Once you have your letters traced, use Dixie Belle Chalk Paint in the color Cotton to go over the letters.
- For the next step, you will be adding decorative dots around the inner heart and between the stripes using the your Dixie Belle colors. This is something you can get creative with!
- Finally, you will be making a bow for your door hanger.. You can also purchase a bow to save some time! To finish it off, you will add twine for hanging!
Watch Tammy make her DIY Valentine’s Day Door Hanger Craft below!
Isn’t this the best door hanger for the first few months of the year! So festive and fun when the weather can be a bit gloomy!!