Want to decorate your farmhouse on a budget this Christmas season? This Dollar General Christmas Craft idea will help you do just that!
During the month of July, I shared some Christmas in July ideas over on my Facebook page to help prep y’all for the upcoming holiday season. After all, it will be here before we know it! In today’s post, I’m sharing all the details about the Dollar General Christmas Craft idea I showed you during one of those LIVES. This is super simple, affordable & could be used in so many ways. Let’s go over the supplies & get to the tutorial details.
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**
Your Crafting Supplies List! Click on the name of the product for more information!!!
- Wooden Plaques for decorating – I got mine at Dollar General, but I’m sure you could find similar items at your local craft store.
- Dixie Belle Voodoo Gel Stain in White Magic
- Joyful Holiday Patterns “B” Sized Chalk Couture Transfer
- Fa-La-La Trio Chalk Couture Transfer
- Candy Apply Chalkology Paste
- Black Velvet Chalkology Paste
- Fuzzing Cloth
- Transfer Trimmers
- Small Squeegee
- Board Eraser
How to use Dollar General finds to create this look!
- To begin, apply a base coat of white paint to your wooden plaque. Be sure to let this base coat dry before moving on to the next steps. PRO TIP: My favorite home decor paint is Dixie Belle Chalk Paint. You can use the Voodoo Gel Stain in White Magic (linked above) or any other white chalk paint from Dixie Belle. I use both depending on the look I’m going for with my project. Get some HERE!!
- Next, use your Transfer Trimmers to cut the Joyful Holiday Patterns Transfer so that you have the portion with the diagonal lines. Also, be sure to “fuzz” the transfer if it’s the first time you are using it.
- Now you are ready to place your transfer on the painted plaque. Once it’s in place, apply a thin layer of the Candy Apple Chalology Paste onto the transfer. Remove any excess paste and then peel off the transfer to reveal the pattern you have created. Let dry.
- For the next layer, we will use the Fa-La-La Transfer to add the word “NOEL”. Start by cutting the “NOEL” portion off of the transfer. Be sure to “fuzz” it before you apply it to your project.
- Finally, place the “NOEL” transfer over the top of the diagonal lines and apply a layer of Black Velvet Chaology Paste to the transfer. Wipe back any excess, put it back into your jar and remove the transfer. Let dry.
- To finish the look, I embellished mine with some ribbon and greenery!