Let’s create adorable black and white farmhouse décor with the Farm Charm Collection of transfers from Chalk Couture!
Chalk Couture’s Farm Charm Collection is filled with adorable transfers that are super fun to create with. Today, I’m going to show you how to create a farmhouse inspired set that can be used in your home all year long! Plus, it leaves lots of room for you to get creative and make it your own.
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**
Supplies you’ll need to create with the Farm Charm Collection:
- Wood Block Cutouts
- Salt Water Silk All-In-One Mineral Paint
- Anchor Silk All-In-One Mineral Paint
- Small Paint Brush
- Farm Charm Collection – Feels Like Home Transfer from Chalk Couture
- Country Plaid Chalk Couture Transfer
- Black Velvet Chalkology Paste
- Chalk Couture Simple Shapes Set
To create this layered set, start by painting a base coat on all of your raw wood cutouts. This is a breakdown of the colors I used and the sizes of the cutouts:
- 1×12 cut to be perfectly square painted with the Silk All-In-One-Mineral Paint in the color Salt Water.
- 7.5×7.5 one inch wood block painted with the Silk All-In-One-Mineral Paint in the color Anchor.
- 2×4 cut into a 3.5 x 3.5 block painted with the Silk All-In-One-Mineral Paint in the color Salt Water.
Add 2 coats of paint on all 3 of the cutouts listed above.
You’re also going to be using 1 of the Round Cutout Shapes from the Simple Shapes Set by Chalk Couture. These cutouts come painted white, but don’t be afraid to paint them whatever color you like. You’ll see an example of this at the end of this post.
Now, let’s add the Chalk Couture Transfer details to our wooden cutouts!
Start by adding the the words “Feels Like Home” to the Simple Shapes Circle.
If you’ve never used Chalk Couture before, here’s a quick rundown on how to use it:
- Apply your transfer to the surface you want to Chalk.
- Using a squeegee, add a thin layer of Chalkology Paste to the transfer.
- Scrape any excess paste from the surface.
- Remove the transfer before the paste dries.
For this portion of the project, I used Black Velvet Chalkology Paste and the round shape from the Simple Shapes Set from Chalk Couture. As you can see, I only covered the worded portion of this transfer with the paste because that is what fit on my cutout.
Now, add the Country Plaid Transfer to the larger wood cutout. I also used Black Velvet Chalkology Paste for this portion of the project.
Again, use the same simple chalking steps outlined above.
To finish off the set, I glued the round cutout to the black wood block and used the chicken that we omitted from earlier to add to the small block. I also used the Country Plaid transfer on the edges of the small wood block to round off the look. This set really pulled together nicely!
PRO TIP: Be creative!! Take inspiration from what I do, but always remember that you can choose any color so that your finished project coordinates perfectly with your home.
Below, you can see how I added more Chalk Couture Transfer designs to the square cutouts that came with the Simple Shapes Set, also from Chalk Couture. I simply chalked the squares and then glued them to larger wooden cutouts that were chalked with the Country Plaid Transfer.
Want more fun and easy DIY home decor ideas?? Find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest! Also – be sure to share your finished projects with me by tagging @rusticorchardhome on Facebook and @rustic_orchard_home on Instagram!
If you enjoyed this affordable DIY project, you’ll also want to check out: