Make a quick & adorable set of wooden Halloween tags perfect for a tiered tray. This tutorial features my no-fail way to create DIY decor.
Halloween decor can be tricky for those of us who love the farmhouse look, am I right? You don’t want to add too much “scary”, but a little fun for the holiday is always a nice touch. If you agree with me, you are doing to love the Halloween tags I have for you today. They add just the right amount of spooky without compromising your farmhouse style.
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**
Supplies you’ll need for this DIY:
- Wooden Tags Set
- Scrap Wood – If you don’t have scrap wood, visit my favorite wood guys at Twin Knobs Woodworks for lots of wooden crafting surface options.
- Caviar Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Cotton Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Fluff Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Halloween Phrases Chalk Couture Transfer
- Bumble Bee Chalkology Paste
- Orange Peel Chalkology Paste
- Black Velvet Chalkology Paste
Start by painting the wooden tags from with the color Caviar. Then, use your hand sander to distress them focusing on the edges and where they would naturally show wear.
Once those are dry, it’s time to add the Chalk Couture accents.
For the first one I used Bumble Bee Chalkology Paste to add the word “Spooky” from the Halloween Phrases Transfer set.
Then, I used the color Orange Peel to add the word “Eek” to the second wooden tag.
If you’re new to Chalk Couture, be sure to follow the following steps when using the products:
- Apply your transfer to your surface.
- Use a scraper to add a coat of Chalkology Paste over the desired area of the transfer.
- Remove the transfer to reveal your finished product!
Next, I used a piece of scrap wood to round out my three piece set. To begin, I painted the entire surface with the color Cotton.
Then, I used the Black Velvet Chalology Paste to add the words “Hey Pumpkin” and the Orange Peel Chalkology Paste to add the pumpkin embellishment to the surface.
To finalize this last piece, I added a small piece of buffalo print ribbon as an accent.
These are so fun and perfect for anyone who wants to decorate a Halloween themed tiered tray this season!
Want more fun and easy DIY home decor ideas?? Find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest! Also – be sure to share your finished projects with me by tagging @rusticorchardhome on Facebook and @rustic_orchard_home on Instagram!