Learn how to paint a lamp shade with this easy to follow video tutorial. This is a simple DIY home decor project that will help you update your home.
Can you paint a lamp shade – YES you can!! Last week I showed you how to paint a lamp base and this week I’m going to show you how you can add a stencil pattern to a lamp shade. This project does not require many supplies and is super budget friendly. Let’s look at the list of things you’ll need and the simple steps I used to create my “new to me” lamp.
(**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**)
How To Paint A Lamp Shade Supplies List:
- Painter’s Tape
- Makeup Sponge
- Dixie Belle Large Floral Art Stencil
- Spray Bottle
- Drop Cloth by Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
How To Paint A Lamp Shade Tutorial:
- First, attach the stencil to your lamp shade using painter’s tape. Be sure the lamp shade’s seam is toward the back and your stencil is centered in the front.
- Next, use your applicator sponge to apply the paint to the stencil. Do not push or brush the paint on, simply pounce it in place. Also be sure to off-load your sponge really well. Multiple, light coats of paint are going to work best.
- Continue to add light layers of paint until your stencil is filled in to your liking.
Learn How To Paint A Lamp Shade Below!
Isn’t this a fun project and a great way to add some detail to your outdated decor!?!? If you liked this post, you will also want to go check out my post called “Learn How To Paint A Lamp” by clicking HERE! And – be sure to find me on Facebook so you don’t miss any of my upcoming project tutorials.