Learn how to paint a lamp and update your current home decor! This is the best DIY home decor idea and it will help you update your home on a budget!
There’s no need to spend a lot of money updating your home decor when you can re-use what you already have! In today’s tutorial, I’m going to show you how to paint a lamp – YES, a lamp. It’s so simple and makes a huge difference. Let’s get started!
(**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**)
How to paint a lamp supplies List:
- Painter’s Tape
- Spray Bottle
- White Lightening by Dixie Belle
- Round Dixie Belle Paint Brush
- Dixie Belle Chalk Paint in the color Drop Cloth
- Gator Hide from Dixie Belle
How to paint a lamp tutorial:
- First, you will need to do a little bit of prep work. Be sure to clean your lamp with Dixie Belle’s While Lightening so that your paint will adhere to the surface properly. Then, tape off all the areas on the lamp that you don’t want to cover with paint.
- Next, use your Dixie Belle Round Paint Brush to apply a coat of the color Drop Cloth to the lamp. Let this coat dry and apply a second coat, if needed. PRO TIP – Lightly mist your brush before you begin painting for a more professional finish.
- Finally, once both coats are dry, apply a coat of Dixie Belle’s Gator Hide top coat. Then you can remove the painter’s tape and use your “new to you” lamp!