Learn to make a DIY Laundry Room Sign using all budget-friendly products! This is a simple DIY tutorial for anyone who loves farmhouse home decor DIY!
Who doesn’t love taking an ordinary space and making it pop with some fun home decor!?! That’s exactly what you’ll be able to do when you DIY one of these adorable laundry room signs for your home. Let me show you how!
(**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**)
DIY Laundry Room Sign Supplies:
- White Lightning from Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Spray Bottle
- Fluff by Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Old Cabinet Door
- Round Brush from Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Mini Brush from Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- “Laundry Co.” Transfer from Chalk Couture
- Storm (gray) Chalkology Paste
- Black Velvet Chalkology Paste
- Aquamarine Chalkology Paste
- Small Squeegee
- Large Squeegee
- Fuzzing Cloth
DIY Laundry Room Sign Tutorial:
- Before you begin, be sure to clean your cabinet door with Dixie Belle’s White Lightning and lightly sand any shiny top coat off of the surface.
- Now you are ready to start your project by applying a base coat of Dixie Belle Chalk Paint in the color Fluff to your old cabinet door. Let that dry before moving onto your next step.
- Next, you will prepare to apply your transfer by fuzzing it with a Fuzzy Cloth. This will keep your transfer from sticking to your surface too much. Once you have “fuzzed” your transfer, you are ready to apply it to your surface.
- Once your transfer is placed, you will add your Chalkology Paste. I used Gray Chalkology Paste for the metal part of the hanger, Black Chalkology Paste for the wooden part of the hanger and the words at the bottom of the transfer & Aquamarine Chalkology Paste for the words “laundry co”.
- Finally, peel back your transfer to reveal your finished product.
Watch me create this adorable Chalk Couture Project below!
Once I got my sign into the laundry room, I realized it needed a little more color to pop off the wall. This is what I use to fix that……
- Painter’s Tape
- Acrylic Brush Set (for small details)
- The Gulf by Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Caviar by DIxie Belle Chalk Paint
To make the frame pop off of the white wall, I decided to accent it using the two Dixie Belle Chalk Paint colors I mentioned above. Take a look at the next video to see exactly what I did to achieve the final look.
Get a look at how I added more color to my sign!
Yall loved this project on Facebook and I’m excited to see you make your own Laundry Room Sign! Find me on Facebook for more LIVE tutorials OR join my VIP Chalk Couture Community for exclusive access to all my best projects, discounts and giveaways!