This stenciled pallet wood craft tutorial will show you how to use pallet wood boards to create farmhouse glam DIY home decor you will love!
Is there anything better than a personalized sign!?!? I love them and use them all over my home. That’s why I can’t wait to show you how to create your very own using a pre-made pallet wood craft board, stencil and Dixie Belle Paint. Let’s go over everything you will need & do a quick tutorial.
(**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**)
Stenciled Pallet Wood Craft Supplies List:
- VooDoo Gel in the color Tobacco Road by Dixie Belle
- Pallet Wood Board
- Stencil of your choice! Find all my favorites HERE!
- Satin Clear Coat from Dixie Belle
- Craft Brush Set
- Spray Bottle
- Tea Rose Chalk Mineral Paint by Dixie Belle
- Metallic Gold Chalk Mineral Paint by Dixie Belle
- Muscadine Wine by Dixie Belle
- Glitter Set
Stenciled Pallet Wood Craft Tutorial Step-by-Step:
- Start by staining your wood pallet board with Dixie Belle’s VooDoo Gel in the color Tobacco Road. Let dry.
- Now you will apply your stencil to the front of your wood pallet board. Be sure to line it up carefully, rub it onto the surface and remove the backing slowly. Doing this will keep your stencil intact.
- Once you have your stencil applied and the backing removed, you will need to apply a thin layer of Satin Clear Coat from Dixie Belle. Do this in a circular motion over the areas that you will be painting. This step will keep your paint from bleeding. Let dry.
- Next it’s time to add your colors! I used Tea Rose for the script letters and the big circle outline, Metallic Gold for the plain font letters and Muscadine Wine for the scroll details. I pounced the paint onto the areas first and then went back over the area with a sweeping motion to smooth it out. Let all of your painted areas dry before moving on.
- For the final touch we are going to add some glitter to the areas we painted with the Metallic Gold color. To do this, you will need to go over your gold letters with the Satin Clear Coat from Dixie Belle – this will act as the agent that your glitter will stick to. Once you have your first word covered with the Clear Coat, pour a very liberal amount of glitter over the area. Then, use your finger to tap the glitter into the wet clear coat. Remove the excess glitter and move onto your next word, where you will repeat the process.
- Finally, you are ready to peal back the stencil and reveal your finished sign!
Watch Tammy create this Stenciled Pallet Wood Craft by clicking HERE!
Want more creative inspiration for all things home?? Find Rustic Orchard Home on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest today!