This pumpkin door hanger is a fun DIY home decor project that brings a touch of fall to your home! Make one of your own with this easy video tutorial!
Hey y’all! I love having something fun and creative hanging on my door to welcome everyone who comes to my home. Don’t you? Today, let’s make an easy Pumpkin Door Hanger that’s perfect for you fall farmhouse!
This post contains affiliate links to make finding the products that I use super easy. If you click and make a purchase, I will get a small commission from the sale – at no cost to you!!
Pumpkin Door Hanger Supplies List:
- Pumpkin Cut-Out from Build-A-Cross. Use my Promo Code: Rustic30 to get 30% OFF your order from Build-A-Cross!!
- Dixie Belle Premium Chip Brush
- Buttercream Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint
- Chocolate Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint
- Metallic Gold Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint Base & Top Coat Product
- Artist Brush Set
Pumpkin Door Hanger Instructions:
- Base coat your door hanger using a Dixie Belle Premium Chip Brush and the color Buttercream.
- Next, add highlighting to your pumpkin with a combination of the colors Buttercream and Chocolate. You will follow the ridges in the pumpkin to create dimension on your piece.
- Once your highlighting is done, you are ready to paint the stem with Chocolate. You can do additional highlighting on the stem to, but it isn’t necessary.
- Now you are ready to add the polka dots to your pumpkin. To paint those on, you will use Dixie Belle’s Metallic Gold product. Fan out the bristles and pivot your brush in a circular motion to make your circles. Just be sure that you are placing your circles in an “even” manner so they are spread out across the pumpkin.
- Once the Metallic Gold base coat is dry, you will need to apply the Metallic Gold top coat to each circle you made. Use the same fanning and pivoting brush technique for this second coat.
- Finally, let everything dry and you are done! You can also add a bow for a fun accent.