This Repurposed Cabinet Door Farmhouse Tray is such a cute Spring home decor idea! Follow along as I show you how to create your own!
Isn’t it so refreshing when you are able to salvage something and give it new life! That’s what happened with today’s DIY. An old repurposed cabinet door turned into the cutest farmhouse tray with just a little paint and some wooden legs! How simple and fun. Let me show you how I did it!
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**
Repurposed Cabinet Door Farmhouse Tray Supplies:
- Cabinet Door – Mine was 98 cents at the re-fab store!
- 4 Wooden Legs & Screws for attaching.
- Dewalt Cordless Compact Drill Driver Kit – This is my favorite power tool! Ask your hubby for one!
- Farmhouse Green Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Tobacco Road Voodoo Gel Stain from Dixie Belle
- Dixie Belle Premium Chip Brush
- White Lightening by Dixie Belle
Repurposed Cabinet Door Farmhouse Tray Tutorial:
- First, you will want to clean your cabinet door. I used a product by Dixie Belle called White Lightening. This is a must if you are using an old salvaged door since paint won’t stick to dirt and grime!
- Next, you will want to use your Voodoo Gel Stain to stain the four wooden legs and let those dry.
- Now you can work on preparing your cabinet door for the wooden legs. Do that by counter sinking 4 screws into the four corners of your cabinet door. I used my Dewalt Cordless Compact Drill Driver to do this. Once the legs are dry, screw them in place You will then need to fill the holes you have made with wood filler so they are no longer visible after painting. Let the wood filler dry completely before moving on.
- Finally, you will use your Farmhouse Green Dixie Belle Chalk Paint to paint the cabinet door. It will most likely need two coats. Be sure to let your paint dry between coats.
- All finished!! You now have a cute repurposed cabinet door farmhouse tray for your home!