Learn to make your own repurposed spindle sign with this video tutorial. This DIY sign is two-sided and can be customized to fit any home decor style!
Upcycling forgotten treasures is a fun way to create unique home decor for your home. Today, I’m going to show you how to create a DIY repurposed spindle sign that can be changed up for the coming holiday season. Let’s take a look at the supplies I used and how I made it.
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**
Supplies needed to make your own repurposed spindle sign:
**Click on the name of the product for more information!!!**
- Round Base, Spindle & Sign Board
- Fluff Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Oval Small Brush from Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Spray Mister Bottle
Repurposed Spindle Sign Tutorial:
- First, we cut a 4 inch round piece of wood for the base. From there we used the router to add some extra design elements to the round and then we used the drill to put a hole in the middle so we can attach our spindle piece.
- We then notched the top portion of the spindle so that it had a place for the sign board to attach to. We also drilled a hole in the bottom of the spindle and inserted a piece of dowel that will fit into the hole we drilled in the base.
- The final portion of the sign is the actual board that will have the words on it. We cut this board so that it was 8 inches by 10 inches.
- PRO TIP: You can totally customize your sign using whatever scrap pieces of wood you have around your home! Also feel free to adjust the size of your sign based on your decor needs.
- Next, I used Dixie Belle Chalk Paint in the color Fluff to add a base coat of color to all of the sign pieces. Let dry. Add a second coat of paint, if needed.
Learn more about how I made my spindle sign below!!
Want more fun and easy DIY home decor ideas?? Find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
If you liked this easy DIY, you may also enjoy:
I love this idea!!!
Thank you so much Teri!! It really is the best of both worlds…repurposed and two-sited!!! Be still my heart <3