Make your own Valentine’s Day Door Hanger for less than $10! This Valentine’s Day craft is super easy and will dress up your home for the holiday!
Do you decorate for Valentine’s Day? I’ll add some festive touches here and there, but I don’t want to invest too much money in what I do put out. So, today I thought I’d share a quick, easy and super cheap DIY Valentine’d Day Door Hanger project with y’all. This seriously cost me like $10! Can you believe it? Let’s take a look at what you will need to re-create the look and then you can watch my step-by-step tutorial!
(**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**)
Valentine’s Day Door Hanger Supplies:
- Large Wooden Heart Cut-Out – Order all of your Wooden Cut-Outs from Build-a-Cross & use my Promo CODE Rustic30 to get 30% OFF your entire order!!
- Small Ornamental Wooden Heart Cut-Out
- Spray Bottle
- Soft Pink Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Caviar Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Dixie Belle Mini Paint Brush
- Premium Chip Brush from Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- E6000 Glue
Valentine’s Day Door Hanger Tutorial:
- Start by painting your large wooden heart with Soft Pink Dixie Belle Chalk Paint. Be sure to spray your paint brush lightly before you begin painting. PRO TIP – Smooth out any drips while your paint is wet to get a nice, clean finish!! Let dry.
- Next, paint the ornamental wooden heart cut-out with Caviar Dixie Belle Chalk Paint. Use a light hand when doing this so you don’t get a lot of drips through the holes in the cut-out. You can always do multiple light coats to get the coverage you like. I ended up doing two. Let dry.
- Finally, you will glue the ornamental heart to the larger heart using the E6000 glue. Be sure to give the glue plenty of time to bond the two hearts together.
- Now you are all done! Fell free to add a bow or other embellishment to dress it up even more!
Watch as I make my own Valentine’s Day Door Hanger!
Be sure to find me on Facebook so you can watch all of my craft projects LIVE!
If you love this project, be sure to go take a look at my Cheetah Print Valentine’s Day Craft!!