Find out how to make Valentine’s Day themed home decor with Tammy of Rustic Orchard Home! All you need is some some Dixie Belle Paint and a heart stencil!
Hey y’all! Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it, so I wanted to share this simple heart stencil craft with you today. This is turned out to be such a cute little DIY and only cost a few dollars to complete. Let’s take a look at what I used to create this Valentine’s Day home decor and talk about how you can re-create it for your own home!
Valentine’s Day Heart Stencil Craft Supplies List:
- Fluff Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint
- Soft Pink Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint
- Peony Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint
- Cut Out Heart Stencil from Dixie Belle
- Small Wooden Surface – This 8×8 Blank Frame from Build-A-Cross would work perfect! USE my discount code to get 30% OFF your next Build-A-Cross purchase!! Simply use RUSTIC30 at checkout!!
- Spray Bottle
- Makeup Sponges
- Mini Synthetic Brush from Dixie Belle
- Painter’s Tape
Valentine’s Day Heart Stencil Craft Tutorial:
- To start your project, you will want to base coat your surface with Dixie Belle Paint in the color Fluff. Use your synthetic brush to cover the entire surface and let dry.
- Next, place your stencil on your surface and secure it with a piece of painter’s tape. Now you will use a makeup sponge to paint the stencil using Dixie Belle Paint in the color Soft Pink. You will see in the video tutorial that pouncing the paint onto the stencil works best. Don’t rub or smear the paint.
- Finally, you can add a bit of the color Peony to the outside edges to create an ombre’ look. This step isn’t in the video, but was something I added after the fact and I really like how it turned out. Here’s how you can add the Dixie Belle Chalk Paint in the color Peony ~ Paint like we did in the live, but before removing the stencil add a little of the Peony chalk paint to your sponge and blend with the soft pink. Be sure to go all around the outer edge being careful to not flip your sponge. You want to keep each end in the correct colors and not use the Peony in the center or inside of the heart.
Watch Tammy’s Valentine’s Day Heart Stencil Craft Tutorial NOW!!
Adding a small heart themed decor piece like this is a festive way to add a little Valentine’s Day style to any space! I love the idea of adding it to a themed tray or vignette. Are you going to add Valentine’s Day decor to your home this year? Find me on Facebook, Instagram or comment below and let me know!