Learn how to create a cheetah print Valentine’s Day Pillow using Dixie Belle Chalk Paint and Chalk Couture! This is the perfect Valentine’s Day Craft!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and I have just the DIY for you! My Cheetah Print Valentine’s Day Pillow is easy to make and it uses two of my favorite products – Dixie Belle Chalk Paint and Chalk Couture! Let’s take a look at how I created this easy Valentine’s Day home decor piece.
(**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**)
Valentine’s Day Pillow Craft Supplies List:
- Gold Metallic Basecoat from Dixie Belle
- Gold Metallic Topcoast from Dixie Belle
- Caviar Chalk Paint from Dixie Belle
- Love Heart Transfer (A) from Chalk Couture
- Shimmer Gold Chalkology Ink from Chalk Couture
Valentine’s Day Pillow Craft Tutorial:
- To begin the project, you will need to trace a large heart in the center of your pillow. You can free hand this or cut out a large heart and simply trace it onto the fabric.
- Next, make random brush strokes on the inside of the heart to create the look of cheetah print using the Gold Metallic Paint Basecoat from Dixie Belle. This is random and does not need to be perfect. Also be sure to go over your Gold Metallic spots with the Gold Metallic Topcoat. Let that dry.
- Now you will add the word “LOVE” to the center of your large heart using the Chalk Couture transfer and ink. To do this, simply apply your transfer to your fabric and squeegee the Gold Chalk Couture Ink over the transfer. Once you are finished applying the Chalk Couture Ink, remove the transfer to reveal the word “LOVE.”
- Once your “LOVE” transfer has been removed, you will use the Dixie Belle Chalk Paint in Caviar to outline the gold spots. This is also a very random process. Feel free to add more solid black spots anywhere you’d like!
- Finally, trace around the heart with the Caviar to finish off the look. Once everything is completely dry, be sure to heat set the design.
Watch Tammy create her own cheetah print Valentine’ Day Pillow:
If you’d like to know how I dyed the pillow case I used for this craft, hop on over to my blog post called How To Dye Fabric With Paint for step-by-step instructions!
I hope this quick and easy Valentine’s Day Pillow Craft is something you have enjoyed! Follow me on Facebook for more LIVE DIY and crafting tutorials!