This DIY Mr. and Mrs. Wedding Decor idea is a simple way to make your big day extra special! Watch the full video tutorial and grab the supply list now!
Y’all! I have another wedding decor idea that is going to save you money and create the perfect ambience for the big day! This DIY Mr. and Mrs. Wedding Decor project is something I created for my own daughter’s upcoming wedding. And the best part is that she’ll be able to use it as a home decor piece once the festivities are over. Let me show you how I made it!
(**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**)
Your DIY Supplies List:
- Custom Engraved Name Roman Wreath – Use the code RUSTIC30 to get 30% OFF your entire order from Build-A-Cross!
- Dropcloth Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Muscadine Wine Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Amethyst DIxie Belle Chalk Paint
- Deco Art Metallic Lustre Wax Champagne Ice
- Dixie Belle Clear Coat Satin
- Mini Brush from Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Artist Brushes
- Painter’s Tape
DIY Mr. and Mrs. Wedding Decor Tutorial:
- Start your project by applying a base coat of Dropcloth to the entire wooden cutout. Allow that to dry and then tape off the areas around the ampersand as shown in the video below.
- Next, mix the Metallic Lustre Wax with the Dixie Belle Clear Coat in order to create a mixture that you can paint onto the leaves. Be sure to make enough of the mixture to complete the entire project. Once your mixture is ready, use it to paint the leave and outer ring of the project.
- Once your leaves are finished, you are going to create a deep burgundy color by mixing the Muscadine Wine and Amethyst Dixie Belle Chalk Paint. This mixture will then be used to paint the ampersand and last name portions of the project. Since you are applying a dark color over a light one, you will most likely need to apply two coats.
- PRO TIP – Always paint the sides for a finished look and also sand the back of any paint residue for a smooth and finished professional look!
Learn to create your own DIY Mr. and Mrs. Wedding Decor below!!
This added just the right touch of personalization to the wedding dessert table, don’t you think?!?
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like: