Find out how you can transform a wooden serving tray into a beautiful home decor piece this with simple DIY project!
This hand painted wood serving tray project makes for a wonderful gift or home decor piece! Don’t be intimidated by the hand-painted aspect, because I am going to teach you a simple way to accomplish the final look. Be sure to have all of your supplies ready and to reference the Facebook LIVE video for full instructions. Here’s what you will need ~
Wood Serving Tray DIY Supply List:
- Wood Round from a hardware store
- #10 & #2 Flat Brushes
- Waverly Chalk Paint in the colors Plaster and Truffle
- Old Rag or T-Shirt – Damp
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Foam Dinner Plates
- Hair Dryer
- 2 Handles
- Polycrylic Spray
Basic Wood Serving Tray DIY Instructions:
- “Stain” your tray using the Waverly Chalk Paint in the color Truffle and your damp rag.
- Dry the “stain” that was just applied with a hairdryer. You could also let it set to dry, but if you want to continue with your project immediately, your hair dryer will do the job!
- Now, it’s time to add your wreath pattern to the center using the Waverly Chalk Paint in the color Plaster. Go to the 45-minute mark in the LIVE video for a full tutorial on how to paint the wreath pattern. I give you full instructions that make it super easy – even if you don’t think you are an artist!
- To finalize your project, you will want to let everything dry for at least 12 hours. Then spray the entire tray with Polycrylic to protect the finish.
- Now you can add the handles and you are all finished!
Here’s the full tutorial from my Facebook LIVE ~
Did you see the bonus look in the video? The striped tray may be a great place to start if you are a little intimidated by the hand-painted wreath. Either way, these are two fabulous ideas to get your creative thoughts flowing!