Who’s ready to embrace all things fall? This fun and easy wood spindles craft was born as a simple idea that turned out to be the perfect Fall home decor idea.
Have you ever had an idea that turned into something so super cute you just had to share it with everyone you know? Well, for me, this craft is just that. And today, I’m going to give you all the details. This fun and easy wood spindles craft was born as a simple idea that turned out to be the perfect Fall home decor idea. Let’s take a look at how I created these adorable Porcelain Pink Pumpkins with repurposed wood spindle details!
This post does contain affiliate links. These links make it easy for you to find the supplies I use for my projects and also pay me a small commission. This costs you nothing, but it does support my blog and future projects!!
Repurposed Wood Spindles Craft Supplies List:
- Pre-cut Wooden Pumpkins or Scrap Wood (to cut yourself)
- Wooden Spindles
- Wood Glue
Do you want to recreate the Porcelain Pink Pumpkin Paint Technique that I used on my wood spindle pumpkins? If so, you will also need the following ~
Porcelain Doll Pink Painting Technique Supplies List:
- Tobacco Road Gel Stain by Dixie Belle
- Flamingo Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint
- Drop Cloth Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint
- Chocolate Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint
- Chip Brush
- Water Bottle
- Decorative Paint Brushes
- Leaf from Faux Flower Stem
- Hot Glue Gun
Let’s get started on the steps to create the pumpkins with wood spindles! If you’d like to get a brief video overview from me, you can click the link below and go to the 34-minute mark.
- First, you will need to gather your spindles and cut them down the middle lengthwise so that you have 2 spindle pieces with flat backs.
- Now, if you are making your own pumpkins from scrap wood, you will need to round the corners of your wood with a jigsaw so that they resemble the round shape of a pumpkin.
- Next, you will use your wood glue to attach the spindles to your pumpkins by gluing the flat surface together. I measured off my spindle and cut it prior to attaching it with the glue, but you can attach it and then cut off the extra if you’d like.
- Let the wood glue thoroughly dry.
- Finally, stain the entire pumpkin with your Dixie Belle Tobacco Road Gel Stain.
Your next step is to finish your pumpkin with whatever color you’d like. If you are going to paint yours Porcelain Doll Pink, simply follow the directions in THIS blog post.
What do you think? Super cute and totally unique, right!!
Be sure to watch this Facebook LIVE below to get more details on how I completed this craft and for a full tutorial on the paint technique I used to create the Porcelain Pink color wash using Dixie Belle Paints!
You may also enjoy this PORCELAIN DOLL PINK PAINT TECHNIQUE!