This wooden letter wedding decor idea will make a huge impact on your big day! Find out how to paint a wooden letter that will have everyone talking.
Wedding season is upon us and today I have an adorable wooden letter wedding decor idea you are going to love!! I created this HUGE letter “M” for my own daughter’s wedding (happening this fall) and I am sure it will be a hit at the reception. Let me show you how I made mine!
(**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**)
Here’s a quick list of the what you’ll need to make your own Wooden Letter Wedding Decor:
- Drop Cloth Dixie Belle Chalk Paint
- Wooden Letter M from Build-A-Cross – Use the code RUSTIC30 to get 30% off your entire order from Build-A-Cross!! I used the 30 inch size for my tutorial.
- Spray Bottle
- Mini Paint Brush from Dixie Belle
- DecoArt Metallic Lustre Wax in Champaign Ice
- DIxie Belle Clear Coat Satin
- Begin by covering the entire “M” with a basecoat of the color Drop Cloth from Dixie Belle. You can add a second coat, it needed. Let dry before moving on.
- Next, use a piece of cheesecloth to rub the Champaign Ice Metallic Wax onto the entire surface of the letter. Keep buffing the metallic wax into the piece until you get the look you desire. Applying the metallic wax in this manner will give your piece a bolder, more metallic look.
- PRO TIP: If you are looking for a more opalescent finished product, you can do that by mixing the metallic wax with Dixie Belle’s Clear Coat Satin product. Just be sure to use a putty knife to smash the metallic wax into the clear coat and then apply your mixture with a brush. This will let some of your base color show through, creating a more subtle look.