Watch as I create rustic wooden ornaments using Chalk Couture! These Christmas ornaments are the perfect DIY Christmas tree decor or handmade gift idea for the holidays!
Creating rustic Christmas themed wooden ornaments is super easy with Chalk Couture! For this project, I even used some glitter to add sparkle to the final product. Let’s go over the supplies you will need to recreate this quick holiday DIY!
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from the sale – at NO cost to you! I only recommend products that I love & want to be sure you can find them all super easy!**
Wooden Ornaments DIY Supplies:
- Wooden Cutout – I used some scrap wood to make mine. You can get something similar from Build-A-Cross! Use my Promo Code RUSTIC30 to get 30% OFF your order! Find the Rectangle Unfinished Cutout HERE & use code RUSTIC30 to save!!
- Tobacco Road Dixie Belle Stain
- Noel Chalk Couture Transfer
- Candy Apple Chalkology Paste
- Green Envy Chalkology Paste
- Bright White Chalkology Paste
- Black Velvet Chalkology Paste
- Multi Tool
- Small Squeegee
- Black Glitter
How to create your very own DIY Wooden Ornaments:
- Start by staining the base of your wooden ornament using Tobacco Road Stain from Dixie Belle. Let dry.
- Next, apply your NOEL Chalk Couture transfer to your wooden ornament. Apply the transfer toward the bottom of the base so you have room to tie your ribbon at the top. PRO TIP: If you are using your Chalk Couture Transfer for the first time, be sure to “fuzz” it before you apply it to your surface.
- Now, you will use your Chalkology Paste to stencil the pattern to the ornament. Start by using Candy Apply to fill in the berries, then use Green Envy for the leaves, Bright White for the word NOEL and finally use Black Velvet to fill in the scroll detail. PRO TIP: You will want to work swiftly as you apply your paste to the ornament so that it does not dry before you peel back your transfer. Use a damp paper towel to keep the areas you have already chalked wet while completing your craft.
- Peel back your transfer.
- You are now ready to add the black glitter. Do this by applying a thick layer of the glitter over the top of the black scroll details & then press the glitter into the wet paint. PRO TIP: To keep the glitter from getting on areas other than the scroll detail, use a paper towel to cover those areas.
- Finally, you can add the ribbon detail by tying strips of material to the top of your ornament.